Sunday, January 22, 2006

Letter from Kentucky







Dear Freewayblogger,
Living in a small (less than 1600 population) town in southern KY, I've long felt helpless in terms of influencing politics here. During the buildup to the Iraq war, I could only walk the floor and nearly drive myself crazy, knowing we were heading into an illegal war and there was nothing I could do to stop it. That all changed when I learned of the Freewaybloggers.

My first sign was a simple one: a small piece of posterboard reading "What Noble Cause?" on the overpass of a local Parkway. It hung till it faded out in the sunlight and I took it down myself when I replaced it with "2 K - Why?" Since then I've hung more than I can count. While I've not yet seen any recruits because of my actions, it gives me great satisfaction to know that people see them, if only by the fact they take the time to remove them. Someone saw it!

Last weekend, I enlisted the aid of my office staff, young women who are being enlightened now, when it matters, to hang the "Bush: Above the Law?" sign. While they only drove the "getaway" car, it made all the difference just having someone to take the car on down the road while the sign was being hung. They too felt the rush, the exhilaration after it was completed. They're 'in' for more!

This weekend, I'm going to do my part to add this area to the latest campaign by hanging several signs saying “Impeach”. It may be a small part, but it's MY part! I'm doing something instead of nothing.

-Southern Kentucky

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess your floor is pretty much wore throgh after Clinton. Get A Life!

Scott said...

I'm so glad to see another person in Kentucky with commone sense! I lost all hope after this state carried Bush twice and elected Fletcher.

Keep up the good work!

Scott
Frankfort, KY

AJ said...

hey
we here in iowa feel you plight after having elected bush in 04
it was a sad sad day hopefully your efforts will gather more support

oh and to anonymous shut the F#@k up!

Anonymous said...

plenty of people hold convictions but 'do nothing' about them. Go for it, Freewayblogger!

Anonymous said...

There's no better time to post those IMPEACH signs than in the run-up to the State of the Union address on the 31st, and in the days that follow.

There's a big march and rally scheduled in DC for Feb. 4th. A solid week of IMPEACH sign blitzes can only help raise the profile.

Everyone's going to be watching him lie. Might as well let your neighbors know you know what time it is.

Anonymous said...

GAWD! I hate politics... and I hate people that hate people! Really though...

Anonymous said...

How about:
Max Cleland 1
Sax Chamliss 0

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Saxby Chambliss...

I suppose "Blow me, you filthy pigfucker" is out of the question?

Anonymous said...

I was out looking for some info on as seen on tv stores when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for as seen on tv stores.

Freewayblogger said...

Thanks CornFlake Girl... you're one of my favorite songs.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Let's get this asshole and all the turds that surround him!