Friday, January 20, 2006

I Make Alan Colmes Sick

Reprinted from Fun With Hate Radio

Fox News Live with Alan Colmes:

The topic was the Catholic church and the war in Iraq and Alan's guest was a Father Donahue, a stridently pro-war Catholic claiming that the war in Iraq adhered to the Church's notion of a "Just War."

I am Jason from Oceanside, with a mild midwestern Nascar-dad accent.


Warning: This text gets very graphic.

Jason: "Thanks for having me on Alan - I consider myself to be a god-fearing Christian and a big supporter of my country and I just wanna tell you about the sermon I listened to yesterday in church. The subject was "Who would Jesus Bomb?" and the answer was pretty much 'nobody.' The major point the priest was making was that bombing, ALL bombing... was just plain cowardly, and it didn't matter if it was us doing it or anybody else, but what it all boiled down to was that bombing is cowardly and Jesus wouldn't support it. And he said his inspiration for the sermon had come from the Pentagon itself - when they said the reason they thought the Iraqi Army folded so quickly was because they were mostly just conscripts, y'know... just kids pulled from outta their villages... So I gotta wonder why, y'know... why we gotta kill all these kids who had nothin' to do with it...

Alan: So what do you say father? This is what's being said in some churches.

Father Donahue: Uhhh yeah, I think they should find another religion - why don't they become Quakers? My religion, Roman Catholicism, rejects that totally and that's why they have the most sophisticated understanding of what a Just War...

Alan Colmes: This is priests who are saying this... Catholic Priests!

Father Donohue: That's right and you'll find, uh, no end to the number of nuns in this country who are pro-abortion and nobody wants to talk about that - all I'm telling you is they don't represent the teachings of the Catholic Church. The teachings of the Catholic church are found in the catechism, the ministry of the Pope and...

Alan Colmes: Alright Jason, thanks for your call...

Jason: May I? May I just interject one more time?

AC: Yes.

Jason: The most striking thing that he talked about was something called "overpressure", which is not the explosive force of the bomb but the pressure wave that radiates around the bomb... and that what that does is that it implodes the sinuses and the eardrums of the people who are there...

AC: Yeah, bombing isn't good for ya...

Jason: And that what happens is your cerebral spinal fluid - your brain fluid - leaks out through your nose and through your ears...

AC: Right...

Jason: And that you don't die right away... You're as good as dead, but you don't die right away...

AC: (Uncomfortable) Right, right... right.

Jason: And that these are just kids... That was the point he was really trying to make - these were just kids pulled outta villages! and they don't have a chance! They didn't have a chance to fight back... And they just gotta lie there - starin' up at the sky and prayin' to whatever God they got to pray to...

AC: (Throughout) Uh, yeah, right... right, uh right...

Jason: While their brain fluid is drippin' out through their nose and through their ears...

AC: Uh Jason I gotta move on...

Jason: And it's our tax dollars that are payin' for this...

AC: Uh, Jason, thank you for your call, I thank you very much.

12 comments:

Sj said...

wow

I mean wow

1st off that it was taught in church was great..I am an assistant minister at a non-denom church here in Toronto and find it very interesting that this was taught..

But the interjection on the show.. was priceless. Was needed, was uncomfortable. Was horrible.

Again, was needed.

Thanks for sharing this.. hopefully others will and comment too.

Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Thanks for posting this. Very few ever stop to really think about what 'bombing' really 'accomplishes' in a physical sense. I wasone of those few until now.

Anonymous said...

good job. they run from the truth of what they are doing like the devil from holy water. . .keep it up.

John Hedtke said...

Well done! Making Alan Colmes sick is a lovely bonus. :)

Anonymous said...

that priest is a disgrace to the roman catholic tradition. perhaprs he should bone up on the principle of just war theory

and in today's technological age of cluster bombs being dropped from 30,000 feet, how could anybody claim that the concept of "just war" is relevant. when tens of thousands of civilians die as "collateral damage", the entire concept of war needs to be re-examined.

Love, Rita said...

I love your blog...it's gritty, and real. I have included a link to it on my own site. I wish I had seen this episode. I watch H & C only because it follows Bill O'Reilly, whom I like very much. Colmes is an insipid wimp.

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!!!

Anonymous said...

no war is a Just war. I love your site and your blog, and plan to put a sign up in the Chicago area. I will send pictures. I made a post about you on my blog, and all my readers loved it and visit regularly. Please keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for your blog. And all this time I thought war was harmless...pacifism only works when everyone is a pacifist. There is a reason you feel safe in your home...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/550kmbzd.asp

Anonymous said...

Father William Donahue, president of the Catholic League, is a certified Roman Catholic Wingnut. (He even has Heritage Foundation credentials.)

And I say this as a Roman Catholic myself. He is a disgrace to those of us in the Church who attempt to live by the teachings of Christ.

You can read about him at Media Matters.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200412210001

Freewayblogger said...

Actually, the reason I feel safe in my home is because I'm pursuing this project anonymously. Otherwise, the death threats I get from readers of publications like The Weekly Standard would probably start to get on my nerves.

Great article, by the way... whoda thunk Saddam was actually the evil genius behind Al-Qaeda? Boy, are our enemies crafty or what?

Art said...

YEAH!

A little bit of the hideous truth shoved into plain sight, right in front of the guests and children!

Way to go, man!