Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tales of the Ohiobloggers


Scarlet,

Took a road trip down to Columbus to do a little decorating. Met up with my partner in crime (Sandy) and took my friend James to help. It was indeed a great night.

Started out about midnight, went full speed till about 5am. Placed a total of 73 signs. The city was blanketed with our stuff. Sandy even got to have a nice debate about free speech with an officer - fortunately she is a verteran activist - and he allowed her to go on her way without citation.

This was our greatest night yet - we hit practically every bridge in town and put many up alongside the various highways. We even hit the roadside rests along the way. After we had just put up our 73rd and last sign that we had with us, we made a wrong turn and ended up on a dead end street. As I was turning around, we noticed a dumpster in the road - and guess what it was filled with?? Yep - Cardboard... LOTS of it. We loaded, and I mean LOADED the van. Perfect ending to a great night.







Note from Scarlet: these are just a few of a hell of a lot of great pictures in from Ohio. More to come.



Will update the FB vs. USA tally soon, once the current deluge of photos slows down a bit. Trust me though, you guys are WAY ahead of me...




12 comments:

frankoanderson said...

Wow, you guys in Ohio are amazing! I'll definitely have to catch up in DC!

Life As I Know It Now said...

The problem in Indiana is that the overpasses on the freeways lack anything to hitch a sign to. Cheap bastards here!

Freewayblogger said...

Don't worry about it Indiana: overpasses are overrated. They make for the coolest pictures but in terms of messaging they come down way too quickly. Use the sides of the freeways, trees, hillsides, berms and the like. Find a good spot and drag a pallet out to it, prop it up against something and voila! you have a billboard. use large binderclips to secure cardboard to pallet. People will take down the cardboard, when they get around to it, but they rarely bother to tote the pallet away...

Anonymous said...

Paint works too!

Buckeye Valley Marching Band said...

Thank you SO MUCH! I am a resident of Columbus and wanted to send a note of appreciation. You guys are patriots!

Psychomikeo said...

Great Work!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm psyched and pumped to attempt to match this yeomen job by our columbus folks with a similar effort here in cleveland! well done, columbus!

Anonymous said...

TRY WORKING........IT PAYS A LOT BETTER

Freewayblogger said...

TRIED IT... DIDN'T SUIT ME. PEOPLE THOUGHT THEY COULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO. PREFER FREEDOM.

Anonymous said...

73??! DAMN how have I not seen any yet?? Maybe I'm just too far from campus now... anyway, BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO! We are so honored and I really can't get over the fact you put up 73. How did you have time for all that?? I'm amazed.

Next time let me know, we'll meet up and double that number. ;)

Psychomikeo said...

I work & have been working for over 25 years!!! But for fun I freeway blog... yes Anonymous I can do both. Now tell us if you can walk & chew gum at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you! Post some in the Cleveland area if you can. Route 71, 480, and 90 would be good. I'd assist, but i'm stuck in a wheelchair, as I lost both my legs in the war.