Sunday, November 12, 2006

LA/Hollywood





It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our own living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."


Well I'm not going to leave you alone.
I want you to get mad!



I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.
All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.



You've gotta say, "I'm a human being! My life has value!"
So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,
"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
-Howard Beale (Paddy Chayevsky) from "Network"


USA - 980
FB - 761

4 comments:

Dept Of Homeland Conspiracy said...

Because in the bottom of all our terrified souls, we know that democracy is a dying giant, a sick, sick dying, decaying political concept, writhing in its final pain. ...Well, the time has come to say, 'Is dehumanization such a bad word?' Because good or bad, that's what is so. The whole world is becoming humanoid, creatures that look human but aren't. The whole world, not just us. We're just the most advanced country, so we're getting there first. The whole world's people are becoming mass-produced, programmed, numbered, insensate things...
1 of my fav. movies

Annie said...

http://www.youtube.com/v/XWQfaUxf-bo

Dept Of Homeland Conspiracy said...

Great clip!!!

Muse said...

You know, I'm all for impeaching Bush, but if we do that then we get Cheney instead. I don't think we gain anything in the bargain. Of course, if he gets ousted we get Pelosi, I believe...