Friday, November 24, 2006

Bay Area Yesterday

Photos from Freewayblogger.
Lyrics by Leonard Cohen

"It's coming through a hole in the air,
from those nights in Tiananmen Square.
It's coming from the feel that this ain't exactly real,
or it's real but it's not exactly there...

From the wars against disorder,
from the sirens night and day,
from the fires of the homeless,
from the ashes of the gay...
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A."


"They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
For trying to change the system from within.
I'm coming now, I'm coming to reward them...
First, we take Manhattan,
then we take Berlin.

I'm guided by a signal in the heavens.
I'm guided by this birthmark on my skin.
I'm guided by the beauty of our weapons...
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin."

USA - 1004
FB - 848

1 comment:

Annie said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g17SZv5KR7g