Saturday, June 30, 2007

What You Can Do





Write "Impeach Bush Now!" on a piece of paper, place inside a waterproof container and bury it in your back yard. Future archeologists will know that this was a generation that wasn't afraid to speak out!

"Wink for Peace" is an offshoot of last summer's largely failed "Blink for Peace" movement. Said one organizer, "We think a lot of people were put off by having to use both eyes for the action. 'Wink for Peace' addresses these issues and provides a level of commitment we feel more people will be comfortable with."

Obey the Law for Peace!

Do you think the government and the media are giving us all the facts about September 11th? Do you think maybe 9/11 was an Inside Job? Demand the Truth! Don't buy mustard on July 19th.




Taking a cue from the renegade firebrands at Red Friday, the organizers of "Wear Your Socks Inside-Out on Thursdays for Peace and Social Justice" are committed to practicing what they preach. Not just one sock, but both. Not just this Thursday, but Every Thursday. Until They Come Home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. Frustrating as hell. Compounded by a "We promise big change!" do-nothing-but-capitulate-and-whine-for-more-money Congress. "Give us MORE money and support! THEN you'll REALLY see change!!" So people figure they're wasting their time and nothing will happen. And that's exactly what the Reich Wing WANTS people to figure. Well. Maybe we could organize a nation-wide drive to mail George more pretzels. And Cheney's had 4 heart attacks? Five? We could all mail him bacon. Until then, I have signs and bungee cords in my car.

PTCruiser said...

I'm driving around with my hazard lights on all the time until the troops come home. And, on a personal note, I'm not washing my pillowcase until George W.Bush is out of office!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm commenting for peace!
~Annie

Freewayblogger said...

I'm responding to your comment to end global warming!

Anonymous said...

I'm so angry I could vote

Anonymous said...

My technique is to argue that all the people you've heard of are not as committed as all the people you haven't heard of, exclusively because you've heard of them.

Anonymous said...

I'm not trimming my pubes till the last US troop leaves the former Ottoman Empire.