Tuesday, June 19, 2007

From Ohio


Scarlet - Ventured out around midnight on Monday with my friend James and a new friend, Jane, who I met at a peace rally. By 3am we had placed 22 signs.

Went out this morning after rush hour and of the 15 or so I went past, all but one were still in place (including a couple that really surprised me... Could it be that people are starting to see the light?)


Jane told me she thinks she can line up a few more helpers to paint signs. Too cool: we can use all the help we can get.

Since starting this project in October of last year, we have placed almost 400 signs in Ohio and Pennsylvania. With a little more help, we hope to pick up the pace...
Peace, Ohio


Dear Ohio,
Beautiful work. Damn near brought tears to my eyes. If we had just one like you in every state, this country would look like it's supposed to. -Scarlet


USA - 959
FB - 902

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohio - We are also in Ohio and planning much the same. Have you ever had trouble and if so what were the consequences? reply in comment.

Anonymous said...

What part of Ohio? We're in northeast but also do Columbus. We've been stopped in Columbus a couple of times - no real problems though. The last time we had a nice conversation with the officer and stated that we thought it was protected under the first ammendment and we were willing to contest it in court. He talked it over with his partner and came back and said "have a nice evening". If you're in my part of the state I would love to meet up with you. Let me know.

PTCruiser said...

Nice work, Ohio.

Anonymous said...

You are my hero!!!!!!!!!


Thanks.

beachblogger said...

dear ohio!

i love it! have a nice day!

peace, peter

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with y'all! Amazing! Is it the best fun ever? You just feel so good, get such a high! It really becomes an addiction, a really good one. I'll be leaving for the UFPJ conference in Chicago tomorrow and am taking my hammer tacker and a suitcase full of baby blogs!

barbara-

Anonymous said...

AWESOME in Ohio, I am in Akron, Wondering where you are?? I am wondering where is a good place to post... We recognized from the pics one at Kent State but when we drove out there about two weeks ago it was down...