Friday, June 15, 2007

From Our Founding Fathers



"I have pledged my life and sworn upon the Altar of God, to struggle against tyranny of all forms with every fibre of my being. Using giant puppets." -Thomas Jefferson


"I'd pray to God to give me strength to sign every e-mail petition MoveOn.org sent me. By His Grace, many would be forwarded." -John Hancock

"Those nude peace sign things look interesting..." -Benjamin Franklin



"Once me and a friend took a bunch of stickers and went downtown and put em on newspaper racks and phone poles and stuff. It was pretty cool. We were kind drunk though." -Paul Revere

"Whenever I get a dollar bill I write 911 was an inside job! on my face." -George Washington

"My only regret is that I have but one 'Bike 4 Peace!' T-Shirt to give for my country." -Nathan Hale




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... just what are you trying to say? ;)

PTCruiser said...

Truly visionary men. God, I'm so proud to be an American.

Anonymous said...

good luck with your radio interview today at 4 :D

~Annie, too lazy to take the steps to sign in....

Anonymous said...

very good :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME babe~ I am going to feature this on my blog next week!

WeezieLou said...

great post! hadn't heard about those quotes in my history book - but history books usually don't quote subversive thoughts.

deborah said...

BRILLIANT.

Godspeed the Freeway Blogger. It is dawn in America. I see him there, carrying his poster board...

... strutting across the overpass, the spurs of his high Spanish leather boots clicking along the granite, his full sleeves undulating over French cuffs fastened with precious jewels. His scabbard…

bounced / pranced / gamboled

…gamboles against his thighs, slung from the studded belt that hugs his rockhard derriere.

Our ever-vigilant hero, the Freeway Blogger.

Anonymous said...

LOLL!! Free Mumia in a hot minute(man)!

Donnie McDaniel said...

That is just too cool!

tc said...

Oooh, he got served.

The original GW has something to say about Monkey Boy as well: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/retired_gen_george_washington

todd

Anonymous said...

How is spray painting something on a piece of cardboard and leaving it near a highway any different than Pual Revere's comment?

Freewayblogger said...

Spraypainting something on cardboard is a lot like stickering, actually: it shows the person cared enough to do the very least.

Painting the cardboard white and handpainting gigantic signs, on the other hand, makes a far more dramatic statement, and when placed with a bit of cleverness, will be seen by over a hundred thousand people in a day. Done properly, they can change the very landscape people are travelling through.

Stickers can't really do that - nor just spraypainting stuff on cardboard. I think it's important to make it look as though you really care about what you're saying, and to do your utmost to get people to read it. The first amendment not only allows and protects this, but I believe demands it if you believe your nation is in peril. It is.