Saturday, September 29, 2007

from "Man of La Mancha"

It is the mission of each true knight... His duty... nay, his privilege! To dream the impossible dream...


All signs posted yesterday in Sonoma County.





"Hear me now Oh thou bleak and unbearable world,
Thou art base and debauched as can be;
And a knight with his banners all bravely unfurled
Now hurls down his gauntlet to thee!" -I, Don Quixote



"To each his Dulcinea, that he alone can name...
To each a secret hiding place
Where he can find the haunting face
To light his secret flame."
-To Each His Dulcinea



"I have dreamed thee too long...
Never seen thee nor touched thee
But known thee with all of my heart.
Half a prayer, half a song...
Thou hast always been with me,
Though we have been always apart." -Dulcinea

"And of course there's my father...
I've heard that young maidens
can point to their fathers
with maidenly pride.

Mine was a regiment,
here for an hour.
I can't even tell you which side."
-Aldonza



"This is my Quest, to follow that star...
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.
To fight for the right
Without question or pause.
To be willing to march into hell
For a heavenly cause."
-The Quest (The Impossible Dream)


FB - 1728
USA - 1327

No comments: