Monday, September 24, 2007

9/23: The War is a Lie


These signs were placed yesterday along the 101, 80 and 580.


Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits


These mist covered mountains are home now for me...
But my home is the lowlands, and always will be.
Some day you'll return to your valleys and your farms,
And you'll no longer burn to be brothers in arms.

Through these fields of destruction, baptisms of fire...
I've witnessed your suffering as the battles raged higher.
And though they did hurt me so bad, in the fear and alarm...
You did not desert me my brothers in arms.
There's so many different worlds... so many different suns.
And we have just one world. But we live in different ones...

Now the sun's gone to hell, and the moon's riding high.
Let me bid you farewell: every man has to die.
But it's written in the starlight, and every line on your palm:
We are fools to make war on our brothers in arms...
FB - 1685
USA - 1327

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOMEONE WROTE MY NAME ON THAT BARRIER!!!1!!

Did that anonymous guy come kick your ass yet?