Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Letter From San Jose

Hey, I just wanted to write about what happened today, it was an amazing experience. As soon as duct-taped the sign to the fencing I got instant responses: I couldnt count all the honking horns, and passers-by who asked what the sign said were all pleasant. I stayed with the billboard until 6:30 when it got dark - the honking stopped so I decided to take it down.

I contemplated leaving but then decided that the sign needed more exposure. I went to a densely-populated area of the city at an intersection near a Church and a large City College. So I stood there on the corner of the street with my massive IMPEACH billboard and within minutes I was getting positive feedback. A lot of dropped jaws, a few "right-ons", TONS of honking cars. A Cop gave me the thumbs-up and firemen were smiling my way... after that I was pumped!

For awhile there I was nervous I was going to get hassled by police or stabbed by a bush supporter or something... but I was never once bothered (a few smug faces not many). I managed to give away all 30 of my burned Terrorstorm and America: Freedom to Fascism DVDs in the process. Overall it was a great experience: it's a great feeling to start getting active and getting your voice out there and I hope more freewaybloggers hit the streets, its a rush afterwards!

-San Jose

4 comments:

Peacechick Mary said...

I love reading this kind of stuff. When we first started, we got a lot of negative feedback or people ignored us. Now - whooooo! It feels so good.

Freewayblogger said...

While I favor the post-n-go technique (I cover a lot more ground that way)I have been getting a lot more honks lately. Also, signs have been staying up a lot longer. On my last trip down south I saw about ten signs still up from my last swing through over a month before.

PTCruiser said...

That's a great letter.

Psychomikeo said...

Great story!!! The last big Impeach sign I hung got alot of honks & even some thumbs up. I think I'll burn some copys of The Power Of Nightmares & hand them out. It's been so cold here that it hurts to go outside Highs in the teens with a wind chill that I don't even want to talk about...