Sunday, January 14, 2007

I-5 Between SF and LA


"I submit to you this morning that what is wrong in the world today is that the nations of the world are engaged in a bitter, colossal contest for supremacy." (all quotes by) - Martin Luther King Jr.


"We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."

"I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

"The greatest sin of our time is not the few who have destroyed but the vast majority who sat idly by."

"All we say to America is, "Be true to what you said on paper." If I lived in China or even Russia, or any totalitarian country, maybe I could understand the denial of certain basic First Amendment privileges, because they hadn't committed themselves to that over there. But somewhere I read of the freedom of assembly. Somewhere I read of the freedom of speech. Somewhere I read of the freedom of the press. Somewhere I read that the greatness of America is the right to protest for right. And so just as I say, we aren't going to let any injunction turn us around. We are going on."

FB - 77
USA - 16

No comments: