Saturday, June 10, 2006

Elevated Roadways/Skyways

For reasons that should be obvious, signs placed in sight of elevated roadways tend to stay up longer than most. This fence, near Thurgood Marshall High School in SF, is a favorite. Although physically no more than fifty feet from traffic, it takes miles and miles of driving, (and if you don't know precisely how to get there, a hell of a lot of hunting around) to actually reach. As this is one of the more sparsely-travelled sections of the 280, signs placed here aren't seen by too many more than seventy-five to a hundred thousand people per day. Still though, it adds up. The sign above has been up for three days now.

FB - 333
USA - 350

5 comments:

Peter Matthes said...

I think what you are doing is great.

Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Having witnessed the overwhelming presence of flags and patriotic signs on overpasses up and down the Eats Coast, I'm inspired to see this and other freewayblogger-related websites. I intend to promote this movement as much as possible.

Roxy the school police watch dog said...

Why do you think unamerican people are putting up American flags? Our troops are fighting for this flag, and the right to hang signs calling Bush a liar. Even though the majority of them voted for Bush. More than 80% of our troops support the President.

I guess according to STEVE the east coast is more American than the west coast. You even when Clinton was in office I still flew the flag, What's wrong with you people out west?

Freewayblogger said...

We're not fascists. You are.

Roxy the school police watch dog said...

Freeway,
Why would you say that when I said I fly the American flag. I served 2 years in our (U.S.) military, sorry I didn't get any purple hearts. I am not a fascists. I love you Dems. Its great to be able to talk to people and express our different views.

GOD BLESS AMERICA