Sunday, September 09, 2012

Wake Up and Smell the Ecotyranny!

 Someone (along with a whole lot of  other people) had been looking at this sign over the 101 in Petaluma for over a month before they decided to make some editorial changes...
 Alas though, when they made their move they didn't bring a proofreader.  Still though, the point is well taken: Too long have governments and huge corporations suffered  under the bootheels of ecotyrants like Greenpeace, Al Gore and 350.org!
 I replaced their sign with this one, which stayed up for another month or so...
 before I moved it down to Santa Cruz 
 and replaced it with this one, which has remained standing and so far unedited for about two weeks.
 These other signs were placed, with varying degrees of longevity, in Marin and Sonoma counties.

 I'm often reminded by people that signhanging in places like Marin, Sonoma, San Francisco, Berkeley and the like is pretty much preaching to the converted, and in a purely political/demographic sense, they're right.
 As far as I'm concerned though, I'm not preaching to the converted until I find myself driving down a freeway that's already covered with signs.
Cardboard, paint and an overhead projector - that, and a little bit of cleverness, is what it takes to reach a hundred thousand people, or more, in a single afternoon.

And you can say whatever you want.
YTD - 747

1 comment:

Gail Zawacki said...

You'll know you're preaching to the choir when there aren't any single-passenger cars on the freeway!

Haha, when I saw the title I was thinking it was referring to our tyranny over the ecosystem, but I guess not. Trolls can never spell. The don't have enough fingers, or something.

I think I forgot to tell you I used your wonderful term ecopocalypse in my sign for OWS:

http://witsendnj.blogspot.com/2012/04/eco-block.html

We'll being going to trial Nov. 19