Thursday, October 16, 2008

Arsenal of Democracy: The Backs of Signs


"As I went walkin',
I saw a sign there...
and the sign said,
'No Trespassin''.
But on the other side, it didn't say nothin'.
That side was made for you and me..."
-Woody Guthrie, This Land is Your Land


Using the backs of freeway signs is particularly effective on divided highways where exits are few and far between. Binder clips (above and below) are generally the quickest way to go, but you can also use hammer and nails or duct tape. Posting rarely takes longer than fifteen or twenty seconds and is hidden, at least from those who could get to you, by the sign itself. Working at night brings your chances of getting caught to practically nil.







On overpasses I like to use the space behind signs as well. It's cleaner, more discreet and seen only by the people who are meant to see it.

YTD - 739

2 comments:

stephanie said...

coooool !
I have use the backs of signs for posting flyers

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I love this idea. I'm going to have to use it.

Peace and Love.

z