Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sacramento


Dear Scarlet/Freewayblogger,
I wanted to let you know that you inspired my decision for my sociology project. The assignment was to break a norm and observe people's reactions. All throughout this entire week I will be standing at freeway exits with an anti war sign to observe people's reactions on my public display of opinion. I was wondering if I might use some of your quotations from the signs you have posted around here. I didn't want to use anything without your permission. Yours, H.

Dear H... hi, and thanks. Feel free to use anything you like of my signs, methods etc. but if you're going to stand with an anti-war sign, please please please have someone with you, preferably with a videocam, mace, or both. For the last five years, people have been hearing from their radios and TVs that people who don't support this war are the real enemy destroying this country. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I think it has something to do with ratings. I can't be more emphatic about this: If you're going to stand with a sign where people can get to you, make sure you've got someone there for protection. Unless, of course, you're a ninja, in which case I'm sure you'll be fine. Yours, Scarlet



Dear Scarlet, thank you and don't worry. My Dad's going to be with me the whole time. Even though he's not a ninja, believe me - nobody, and I mean nobody, is gonna get past him. Will send pix. Yours, H. (in Sacramento)


Top picture courtesy of H. All others by Scarlet posted Oct. 4th)

FB - 1864
USA - 1351

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least this girl has the balls to stand by her work. Mr. Freeway Blogger is admittedly scared of the big bad police. You pussy.

United We Lay said...

I saw a sign that a kid might have made that was anti-global warming posted on the door of a Target in PA today and thought of you!

Jen said...

This is an awesome blog. I'm promoting my "Stop Apathy Now" blog in the East. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to link to your site because I get many viewers from your "neck of the woods."
Get Loud, Get Active, Get Angry!
~Angry Jenny

www.stopapathynow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You post anonymously, and then call "Mr." Freeway Blogger a pussy?

Mmmmmmmkay... You're remarkably, um, astute. Given the limitations inherent in having your head buried in your colon, that is.